School fees & payment information for the 2023-2024 school year
Notes on the registration fee
- This is a one-time payment, due when first registering a child at the LFIR.
- If a child leaves the LFIR, then re-registers at a later date, the registration fee is due again.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
Notes on the tuition fees
* The “Personal” rate applies to families who do not receive any contribution from their employers, or who receive a contribution of up to $ 3,500 ($ 2,200 for the TPS year) – in the latter case, a sworn statement from the employer will be required.
** The “Employer Participation” rate applies to families who receive partial or total coverage by an employer or organisation, exceeding $ 3,500 (over $ 2,200 for the TPS year).
- The LFIR is a non-profit organisation: school fees represent the totality of the school’s income and are used to cover the school’s operating expenses as well as improvement plans, whenever possible.
- Tuition fees should preferably be paid in USD, either in cash or by transfer to one of the school’s bank accounts.
- Payment can be made in 3 instalments, with an additional service charge of $50 per year (please contact the school for any other arrangement).
- In case of late payment, penalty interests of 5% (of the total amount due) are charged.
Discounts and benefits
- Sibling discount: a 15% discount on tuition fees is granted for the 3rd child enrolled at the LFIR; this discount is applied to the youngest child.
- Partnership with the IFB (Institut Français de Birmanie / French Institute in Myanmar): any non-French speaking student enrolling at the LFIR will receive a free package of French classes from the IFB, worth $600
- Solidarity fund: designed to help families who encounter financial difficulties, the LFIR social fund can help cover school fees and school life expenses on an occasional basis. It is funded by a yearly contribution of $50 per child enrolled in the school, invoiced in addition to and jointly with tuition fees.
- Civil liability insurance: insurance for civil liability must be contracted for every child; this is mandatory. The LFIR can subscribe on behalf of the child for an additional charge of $50 per child ; this is invoiced with the tuition fees.
- Exams: registration fees for the French national exams are included in the tuition fees.
- Language certifications (such as DELF or Cambridge) are not included in the fees. LFIR students benefit from significant discounts for French language certifications.
- Uniforms: as in France, there are no uniforms. Children can dress freely!
The full financial terms & conditions can be downloaded here: